Bring your Relativity expertise to BIA's Litigation Support team and systems, including program administrative and customer support, direct technical support, network and systems administration support.
This position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health/dental/vision insurance, flexible spending account, paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities & Duties:
These responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide guidance directly to BIA’s clients, as well as our internal teams, to ensure they make the best use of Relativity, including:
- Providing consulting services to case teams regarding best practices for the use of legal technology, plugins, workflows and more.
- Performing client, as well as internal, training for Relativity and related addons.
- Identify and understand problems or issues through analysis of multiple data sources to draw effective conclusions and choose the most effective course of action considering the broad case and business impacts.
- Work with the team to oversee the implementation, training and support of best practice models:
- Monitor & help maintain BIA best practices
- Develop, document, and promote standard protocols for recurring services, etc.
- Contribute to documentation and deliverables, such as Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), "how-to" guides, and training
- Create and generally maintain workspaces, groups, and users
- Support the execution of reviews in Relativity by:
- Forging collaborative partnerships with diverse teams of project managers and legal professionals to meet critical deadlines.
- Assisting users (attorneys, paralegals, project managers, etc.) with any of their needs
- Creating workspaces, maintaining instance administrative needs, and assisting users with troubleshooting and workflows.
- Providing support for eDiscovery technical tasks used throughout the entirety of eDiscovery data lifecycle as well as generalized technical analysis and troubleshooting – for example, understanding how to address issues such as corrupted files, application process slowdowns, etc.
- Ensuring accuracy of data loading, manipulation, and conversion by performing and documenting quality checks in accordance with specifications
- Performing Quality Control of processed data in Relativity Review platform
- Creating productions, exports, and other deliverable in industry standard formats
Education, Work Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Technology/Business/Technical field
- 5+ years’ experience as a Relativity System Administrator providing eDiscovery services.
- Technical Skills
- Relativity Certified Administrator required. Additional certifications, specifically Relativity Processing Specialist are preferred. Relativity Master certification is strongly preferred.
- Hands-on experience with Relativity Processing (ingesting data, resolving exceptions, creating indexes, etc.) is strongly preferred
- Experience creating Productions from Relativity (creating load files (OPT/LFP), text files, and .dat files to production specifications, producing redacted documents and associated text, etc.), is strongly desired
- Strong working knowledge of SQL is desired
- Experience configuring Relativity workspaces to included: creating coding fields, custom objects, event handlers, workflow design and batching, search term report (STR) creation, and complex search creation.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the development and implementation of processes to litigation matters, or comparable experience.
- Must have at least five years’ experience with and a working knowledge of software applications utilized for litigation support.
- Strong working knowledge of the EDRM lifecycle.
- Proven strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with attorneys, paralegals, business users, and non-technical staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to train team members in using Relativity for efficiency and adherence to BIA best practices.
- Experience with preparing presentations, reports, tables, graphs, and observations for presentation to technical and non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated ability to write well and adapt information into required formats for documents is required.
- Experience working in a consulting environment is desired.
- Experience with managing multiple priorities and tight timelines.
- Extensive PC skills including Microsoft O365, including Teams, OneDrive, Excel, Planner is preferred.
- Preferred hours are 1pm - 9pm ET, M-F, but will consider flexibility for the right candidate
- Flexibility to work overtime, as needed, to include weekends, holidays, and off-hours.
- Job position in NYC, Kalamazoo MI, Denver CO, or remote for the appropriate candidate.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Relativity Master (preferred)
- Relativity Certified Administrator (required)
- J.D. (optional)
To apply, please send detailed cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.